Make Yourself at Home Among People Who Can Help
You’ve been approved to open a new charter school...now the real work begins! You’ll need a professional working environment in which to flesh out your curriculum, interview potential staff, hold Board meetings, receive materials, and more. The Charter Center’s Office Incubation Space not only offers you an accessible location and generous amenities, but it also includes the opportunity to connect with fellow start-up colleagues and daily access to the Charter Center’s expert staff.
Participation in the Incubation Program includes:
High Quality Space
- 24/7 secured access to your own dedicated cubicle space in the Charter Center
- Lower Manhattan office with proximity to A, C, E, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, J and R subway trains, as well as the PATH train
- Full use of high-speed internet & WiFi
- Assigned phone number extension for direct contact and full phone service including voicemail
- Free coping, printing, scanning, faxing & office supplies
- Use of mailing address with Fed Ex and daily mail service for recruitment, enrollment and community outreach
- Access to newly renovated 1,152 square foot training room, conference room and private meeting rooms, equipped with audio and visual capabilities – all fully air-conditioned and cleaned nightly
- Use of office kitchen, with filtered water, free coffee and tea
- Ability to defer rental payment until you receive your first Charter School Program (CSP) Grant check
- Daily access to Charter Center staff, who can assist with operations set-up, public relations, community engagement strategies, charter law and data requests
- Opportunity to connect with and learn from your other start-up colleagues
To be eligible, applicants must be authorized to open a charter school in New York City for the 2020-21 school year. Space is limited and assigned on a first-come first served basis.
$600 per month; six-month minimum commitment with the option to extend monthly through August 21, 2020. The cost can be written into your Charter School Program (CSP) start-up grant request. Fees payable to the Charter Center upon receipt of the first CSP grant check in June 2020.